Happy Fall everyone! We are looking for Cara's camera chord so that I can add more pictures. It has been a while since I have blogged. I feel like I always have to put a picture up but I'm giving myself permission to not put one on . It is more important to share what is going on. Is that what the word BLOG means? Sharing what is going on in one's life? That is my definition!!
I have had a busy month with teaching seminary class & with decorating the house among other things. The top item is my seminary class. I have nine students and the class starts at 6:15 a.m. and we meet downstairs in our exercise/seminary room! We took the lap pool out of the room at the begining of school and a good friend came over one Saturday to help me paint the room. I have three colors going on in it and I will put pictures up (when we find the chord).
I love teaching Seminary ~ not sure about the time of morning and am still trying to figure out the sleep thing but immersing myself in the scriptures has been such a blessing. Those of you who are LDS ~ check out that bible dictionary! What a wealth of inspiration and knowledge. What a blessing for me to learn deeply about the Savior's life. Our lesson was on the transfiguration today and I feel so blessed to be in the Savior's true church with His priesthood. I love the youth that are in the class~ we have three young men & six young women. Cara is one of them and I LOVE having this opportunity.
On the decorating scene we have the chandelier up in Cara's room . Our bishop spent three hours putting it up in Cara's room last Saturday. It really makes her room pop! I found the chandelier at Lowe's and got it for 75% off! Look for pictures ( when we find the chord for the camera!) I also got the window covering done and made an easy/ inexpensive cornice board. I bought a 1x4 and added some L brackets to attach it to the wall & some inexpensive pink fabric and added black fringe in a couple of places. It looks Fabulous! Thanks to Joe & Becky Semus for helping me with the finishing details on this project. Good thing you came to visit from Ohio this weekend! Cara's room is almost done. Next project on the room is to make a headboard out of 1x2's and then I will cover it with zebra material. FUN! I love being creative.
I am sharing a yummy jello salad that I served at a friend's birthday dinner a few weeks ago. She wants the recipe so I thought I could share it with everyone.
Kim's Creamy Orange Jello (if you are from Enumclaw it is in the latest tri-ward cookbook)
1 large (6oz) pkg. orange jello
1 large (4.3 oz) pkg. lemon cook & serve jello pudding
2 to 3 (6.1 oz) cans of mandarin oragnes, drained
Cook lemon pudding as directed on package, leaving out 1/2 cup of water. Make orange Jello as directed on package. When finished, whisk the lemon pudding and orange jello together and add as many mandarin oranges as you like. Pour into a 9x13 or similar size dish. Refrigerate. Top with cool whip when ready to serve and enjoy.
This dish takes a long time to set so it is best to make it the night before. I have made it in a 8x8 dish and just cut the jello's in half or use sugar free to make it a little healthier.
We were excited to have the Semus' come visit this weekend. I love having visitors and it was great to have their family stay a few nights with us. A definite highlight of the month!
Okay~ so now I have shared a recipe, scripture help and decorating tips. This is kind of a one stop blog ~ now I just need to let you know how wonderful all of you are. I am so blessed by fantastic people in my life. Thanks for all of the love you send our way!.
Exciting news ~ Rick is coming for his first visit since July! He will be here on Thursday and will be here for his birthday! He turns 52 on Monday the 6th! Yeah that we get to spend it together.
The leaves are starting to change and I think we have seen the end of our days in the 80's. I'm okay with that as I am ready for the next season to take hold. This week it is suppose to be down in the low 40's at night! Yeah! This weekend we had a bon fire and my little neighbor boy~ Cameron was so excited to do this! He ate a half of bag of marshmellows and challenged me to a seat war on the trampoline! One is never to old to jump on the tramp! At least not yet!
Well, it is time to end so that I can get on with my day and find that chord! Love to all & make it a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Busy, busy. Sounds like fun though. I can't wait to see the pitures of her room it was already really cute but sounds even better now! Glad all is well!
Yay... thanks for the update! I love how creative you are, Cathy. That's awesome you guys are making so many fun changes to Cara's room and around the house. I can't wait to see pictures!
And as for you teaching seminary... I know that you're doing an awesome job. You are inspiring those kids so much through your example and knowledge. What a blessing it is for them to have YOU as their teacher!
mom. i thought you were going to teach cam g.m. war? remember? next time ya? p.s. LOVE LOVE LOVE caras room. it looks amazinG! xoxo
You inspire me to delve deeper into my scripture study! I love you! Nicole :o)
Post a Comment