Sunday, June 7, 2009

Surprise!

Most definitely one of the highlights of the past weekend was the surprise entrance of two very dear friends of mine. These two women are Cara's "Washington" aunts! They have known her from her very beginnings and have loved her forever. Cindy aka Margaret Anderson & Kelly aka Nicole Blad flew from Seattle to Chicago on Friday, then bought wigs with the names Cindy and Kelly, then drove to Kalamazoo on Saturday to "crash" our party! Let me tell you it was a mighty crash! People at the party were thinking they were "party crashers" and Cara came up to me quite concerned about the two "lovelies" at the party! So I went up inbetween them to see who they were and what was going on! What a surprise to find two of my dearest friends here in Michigan! Cara came up seconds later and started crying with me. It was truly one of the best plots ever schemed on our family! Here's to the girls!!!

6 comments:

JaMie said...

lol I really thought they were in High School! Ha they are sneeky!!! And I love it:)

Nicole said...

What crazy friends you have, Cathy! ;o) I have replayed that scene over so many times in my head! I need to send you a video of it! Thanks for the wonderful visit! I miss you and your family! Love you!

Nicole said...

Ps. You can tell this picture was taken after my wig had fallen off a few times! Ha ha!

Becky said...

What fun! Wish we could have been there! We love you guys.

Sarah Stout said...

That's so neat that they were able to come out there and be with your family! I know that it meant a lot to them (and I'm sure to you guys too)!

Shane and Michelle said...

Nicole told me about this special trip to Michigan to surprise you... I'm glad you posted a picture of them in costume. Those are fantastic wigs. You all are so pretty!