Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Saturday morning with Julie Beck...

Those of you who are LDS know who this amazing woman is. Julie Beck is the president of our church's women's organization called, Relief Society. She lives around the corner from me here in, Alpine and was the guest speaker at a neighboring stake women's conference. As soon as I heard that she was speaking at my Mom's stake I decided I had to be there.
I wanted to share with you a few of the things she shared with us. 

  1. Blogging can be an influence for good!  Share the gospel with your blogs....
  2. Relief Society is a life of discipleship.  We follow Christ and His teachings.
  3. Women today would do well to simplify.
  4. Help in prioritizing:   There are the Essentials ( prayer, scriptures, attending church & the temple) then comes the Necessaries ( cooking, cleaning, laundry, work, etc.) then we have the Nice to Do's (all of those fun things we enjoy like our hobbies).  When we put the Lord first everything else will fall into place and into order.  I find this to be so true!  I wish I would have followed it more when I was a young mom.
  5. We need to be precise not perfect.
  6. Learn never to suppress a generous thought.
There were many things I learned and wrote down from this inspired leader.  I feel so blessed to live here in Utah where the opportunities are all around to be uplifted and to be strengthened by the good word of the Lord.  Hope these few thoughts will lift and encourage you.

2 comments:

xantogal said...

I think it's awesome that you keep having these 'connections' to see and listen to such great speakers... Sheri Dew, Pres. Beck, Sister Nelson, etc. You are amazing!

Shane and Zandy said...

Thanks again for sharing those great insights! I love the prioritizing part!