On July 30, 2011 Conrad, Kylie, Rick (Bapa) & Cathy (Nana) ventured off right above where we live to hike the Lone Peak Trail. Here is the beginning of this adventure!
Our oldest grand-darling...Kylie starts school in a few weeks back in Arizona. She is five and quite the hiker!!!
This is me at the first Hamongog which is basically, a beautiful meadow! There are two of these Hamongog's up this trail and we saw both of them!
Little Miss Kylie standing on a rock in the middle of Hamongog One! At this point we did not know that we had made it to the first one.... we had hiked for two hours to reach #1.
Heading up to the second Hamongog....crossing a little stream that I ended up drinking out of on the way down!
Conrad is such a cute DAd and loves his girls! Kylie loves him and loved the ride!
This is the other man in Kylie's life! Her Bapa is her biggest fan and they have such a cute relationship! NOtice the view in the back....pretty much amazing!!!
Quick little shot of the two of us....
Soon to be our little kindergartner! It has been so much fun having Kylie here this summer!
Nana and Kylie coming down the mountain....Kylie made my dream come true to reach both of the Hamongog's. She wanted to keep going and I did too! But, she was the reason we did keep moving forward...she has tons of energy!!!
At the second Hamongog. Lots of people backpack and camp up here. There was a beautiful little stream that was right next to the meadow. Looks like this could be a great campfire spot for anyone who makes it up there!
We think Lone Peak is behind us. I'm so happy we were able to reach our destination! It was a five hour hike and almost seven miles....straight up!
Love this shot of the valley's....Utah County to the left and Salt Lake County to the right!
Pretty much amazing!!!!
Love this shot as well....this was a pretty big type of dandelion with the view of Utah County in the back...
I think this is a little stream that was on our hike...
What is it about nature that just speaks to my soul???
I love the silly side of Kylie....she cracks us all up!!!
3 comments:
Wow. So pretty!! So jealous of the adventures you can take in your backyard :)
So awesome! Evan and I are heading to Utah in a week for Zandy's baby and we'd love to see (and even go hiking with) you guys! :) I'll give you a call when we're down there and we'll make a plan!
I'm glad you made it to the top! I've only ever made it to First Hamongog.
Post a Comment