Some of you know that my Dad has some serious health issues. He has a form of leukemia and this last year it has really taken a toll on him. A few days after Christmas he fell in their backyard and broke his femur which resulted in a full hip replacement. He was suppose to have his spleen removed at the beginning of the year but because of the hip problem that set everything back. His spleen was causing many problems with his leukemia~one being the chemo treatment he was receiving was not working on him as it should because his spleen was taking the good that the chemo should have done for his leukemia. His spleen was extremely enlarged and was not allowing Dad to get the weight on him that he needs. When I left him in February he was in his 150's which is not normal weight for him at all. Many more details but here is what is going on now.
Last Thursday he went in for spleen surgery and the surgeon told Mom that it was the size of a five pound football and the largest one he had ever taken out. He was doing okay the first few days but then was taken to a nursing facility where everything has gone down hill~ quickly.
Twice Mom had gone in there to visit and discovered that DAd had a fever. The nursing staff did not find that out on their own until Mom brought them in to have them check it out. Long story short....Dad is back in the hospital with pneumonia and possible septic shock. His oncologist, Dr. Mason has told Mom that he is in the final stages of his leukemia and it has advanced to the stage where there is no going back. I guess I needed to write this out so that I can have some understanding and see it on "paper". I would ask if you are reading this that you would remember my Dad in your prayers.... I know that prayers do work along with our faith. I am praying for peace and closure.
My Dad is an extremely faithful man. He has loved the Lord his entire life and truly devoted his life to learning about and following the Savior. Dad has been a loving husband to my Mom and that for me is the hard part....to see her go through this. My sibling are there now and I know that it is hard for them to see Dad in the shape he is in. It is hard for all of us to see this happen to a loved one. That is why I am so greatful for the plan of salvation. I know that I will see my Dad again and that the Lord is in charge and has a plan for each one of us. How blessed I am to have such faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ who truly did die for each one of us on the cross at Calvary. Christ was resurrected....what a miracle! What a blessing that gives us all hope.
3 comments:
Our prayers are with your dad and your family. Love you guys!
Wow- what a tribute to your Dad! What you said about the Saviour and the plan of salvation was very touching. I will keep your Dad, Mom and entire family in my prayers! I am so glad I know your Dad and he is a wonderful man. Thanks for letting me know what's going on. I love you!
Thanks for sharing about your dad! He is a great man and has lived a great life. We will remember him and your family in our prayers! Love you! ~Zandy:o)
Post a Comment