Friday, October 8, 2010

The math was the hardest part!!

Here was our powder room! The picture is too small for the wall but that is what I had. You know the economy thing..... So glad to hear last week that we are out of this recession...mmmm...wonder who came out with that info? Ok, before this comes out as a political statement I will continue with this little remodel.

Like the title states the part that was the most time consuming was the math of figuring out the diamonds on the wall. I have never professed to be a math wizard but I did get my graph paper out (leftovers from four children in the public school system) and figured out how to get these diamonds to look decent!


Three diamonds done and I'm loving this quick makeover! Where is Ty Pennington when one needs his help?






And here is the final product! I love it and am so happy that it worked! I told Cara after doing her window seat area in her room in the Zoo that I would never do small diamonds again! This took an hour to do, minus the math portion of the project, and it cost less than twenty dollars and I got to keep my small picture that looks so much better! Maybe I am a mathematician!!!

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

Looks fabulous! Some day we need to come see it in person!

by Jennifer Smith said...

looks good! you're so crafty!! :)

Cathy said...

Sharlee~ You can come visit anytime! We need to see that adorable little daughter of yours!

xantogal said...

I love it! You did a great job :)