Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Some our our Halloween Traditions!!!

One must carve a pumpkin! And place a candle in it & set it on the porch for the neighbors to see!

Here is a scarecrow face that I made year's ago and I added the Trick or Treat sign this year!


We always make my MOm's sugar cookie recipe....



Add "homemade" orange frosting...I tried to use the canned type of frosting but my daughter would not allow it!




Kelsey frosts the cookies..... and...



We have our Halloween cookie that I hand out to the parents of our Trick or Treaters! A tradition I started in Kalamazoo!




And one MusT toast the pumpkin seeds! I place olive oil on the cookie sheet then with the cleaned off seeds add garlic powder and salt, then bake....Love the smell and love the crunch!
































2 comments:

Kelsey said...

this was my favorite Halloween since i have been in college! thanks to you and dad :) love you both xxo

Nicole said...

What a compliment from Kelsey! You and Rick are great parents! All I can say is yummy! Sugar cookies are a weakness and way to go Kels for insisting on homemade frosting! Store bought is never the same!