Friday, March 12, 2010

Progress on the pantry wall


Rick had this done in no time! Okay it took some time but not as much as putting rock on the wall! The left and middle opening will be book/audio shelving and the right will be the door to get into the pantry.

The fireplace has been moved up so that Rick can put a hearth under it! This was Friday evening & I'm supposing that by tomorrow we will have rock on this wall, too!


It took Rick one long evening placing the rock on the wall. He is a getter-doner!


Notice...another Kalamazoo friend! Janelle Cammack came to visit us...ok she does live here in Salt Lake but those Michigan friends are keeping up with us! The plastic covering the kitchen is due to our painter painting the ceiling white. It looks marvelous!




Janelle, Rick and I. Rick ended up hiring someone to help with the brick. Thursday made him realize that he had a much bigger project than he was expecting. We are still planning on tearing into the master bedroom and making it bigger by taking down a wall that is connected to a smaller bedroom. More on that!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! I can't beieve all that you guys have done in such a short time! Well, maybe I CAN believe it since it's your family! A rock wall? That's so cool! Didn't know rockery was one of Rick's many talents! I also can't believe he moved the fireplace! That would never even occur to me! Speaking of that picture, tell him he needs to brush up on his posing skills if he is going to show your home improvements on the blog! He has to at least smile! (Just teasing, Rick!) I love the idea you guys had for the pantry I seriously can't wait to come and see all of your progress!

Cathy said...

I know that is not the most attractive pic of Rick and I feel like a "Grandma" for even putting that pic up! But, it was mainly put there to show the fireplace. ha ha

Nicole said...

I thought it was funny! How many guys want to cheese it for the camera while in the middle of moving a fireplace? :o) Besides, we are all glad to see Rick hard at work in your new home!

Kristi Adams said...

That is going to be amazing! What an awesome pantry! So good to see you today at the party. I love that you live here now and we get to see you more often!

Sarah Stout said...

Wow! Rick definitely knows how to get the job done! You guys are amazing at accomplishing so much with a motivating, do-it-yourself attitude. I can't wait to see the finished product! :)