Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hiking around Cascade Springs

I'm making fun of the hiking boots I wore. Here is the story.... The Saturday before Rick and I took a hike up to Silver Lake which is up American Fork Canyon. Silly me... I wore my nice new tennis shoes and they came back completely dirty! So this last Saturday I went hiking with my friend Klara up to Cascade Springs and thought I better bring my hiking boots to make sure I was prepared for whatever Cascade Springs had to offer! Several people had told me what a beautiful place it was to see the fall colors and what a great hike it was. When we got there I realized this was not the hike that I had done the week before! I was totally over dressed with my shoe equipment! It was paved the whole way around the springs! Silver Lake was a hike and took several hours~ up and down! Cascade Springs was a stroll and took about ten minutes!
This is pretty!..??

I was trying to show the little acorns on the branch! Can you see them? You get a prize if you do! Will a hug do???


The water rushing down from the springs... I liked the colored leaf on the rock!



We have had the nicest fall! But, actually it is a little too toasty! High eighties!!! I love having the canyon so close! We even bought a pass so we can go up as often as our little hearts desire!!! I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills....




4 comments:

Kelsey said...

i couldn't find the acorns...unless they were around the left area???!

Cathy said...

look harder! can you enlarge the pic?

xantogal said...

I saw them... :) Not just in real life either - I found them in the picture. I still feel a little bad about that 'hike', but when we go on the next one, it will be a 'real' hike!

Nicole said...

I found the acorns! Yeah- I get a hug! That cracks me up about your boots! It does look beautiful there! I know what you mean about being a bit too hot! Tomorrow is supposed to be 80 degrees here! And I, like Kelsey, am also glad to see a new post!